Friday, November 4, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 560

Here's this week's installment from Freshly Made Sketches

I'm trying to build back my stash of need-right-away cards. So I started with the theme in my mind of having a square wedding card. I really like the idea of splitting a large image apart that I've seen all over. I really like a bit bigger canvas for these larger images. More white space. Since I'm trying to get back to finding my style/groove again, I reflected on what hooked me to this craft more than 20 years ago. Heat embossing. Here you go! 


Stamps are from Concord & 9th, Technique Tuesday (sentiment).
Gold and white card stock. 

And here's the original sketch. 


On a more reflective note...
I've boxed up the majority of my stamp sets, a full set of ink pads, inks, gobs of random card stock and a mountain of other supplies. Wow. I can't tell you how good that feels. I don't know what to do with it all but it is freeing to simplify a bit. After 20 years some things just aren't feeling modern enough and I want to get some new things. I've completed my mini ink collection and matching card stock from Gina K Designs and that has really helped me get more focused. I like the matchy-matchy. My taste has surely changed and I'm continuing to find my place in all this again. If you got this far, thanks for looking. Have a great weekend! 








5 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and elegant. The gold is the perfect choice for this outline image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegant look of the gold on this pretty card. Even after stamping for over 20 years, heat embossing is still magic to me. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete