Friday, November 11, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #561

Eleventh Hour. Of the Eleventh Day. Of the Eleventh Month. Happy Veteran's Day. 



I'm recovering from some minor foot surgery and have had plenty of time to surf and see others making beautiful poppy cards. I wanted to do one too! Also, as I was having some trouble sleeping last night I kept mulling over this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and coming up a bit empty of ideas. 

Working in short sessions, I decided to just do the poppy, then managed to get it to fit the sketch. 

I glued crumpled tissue paper to white card stock and let it dry. Then I die cut the poppy from a set from Concord & 9th, colored with Copic markers, and finished with some light brushing of pearl ex powders. 

The inks, two background elements and greeting are from Gina K. It was hard to get a good picture of the texture the tissue, markers and pearl ex gave to the poppies with the gray #3 skies today, so it's a little bright.

Have a lovely day! 



6 comments:

  1. The big bold flower is lovely! Worked perfectly for the sketch! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! I just love that poppy! So pretty! Thanks of joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete